We’re trying something new!
Beginning in 2023 the UBC Knowledge Exchange Unit will pilot a Knowledge Exchange and Mobilization (KxM) Scholar program. The program’s objective is to build capacity in UBC faculties and schools to support the practice and science of KxM. The scholar role is available to faculty in research and educational leadership professoriate streams who are interested in, and committed to, building a culture of KxM in their Faculty/School through providing KxM training and support.
The 2023 pilot program will be implemented in the Schools of Nursing and Social Work, and the Faculty of Education at UBC Vancouver, and in the Faculty of Health and Social Development at UBC Okanagan.
Criteria for selection:
- Faculty member in the Faculty of Education or the Schools of Nursing and Social Work (UBC Vancouver) or the Faculty of Health and Social Development (UBC Okanagan)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full range of KxM activities and strategies, including: building research partnerships, integrated knowledge translation, targeted dissemination, and implementation of evidence
- Desire to further a culture of KxM in your Faculty/School
- A letter of support from your Dean, Director, or Department Head
- Attend “community of practice” with other KxM Scholars for support and collaboration
- Implement KxM activities in your faculty. This may include: workshops, small group learning events, or creating Faculty/School-wide communities of practice
- Provide peer-mentorship to up-and-coming KxM leaders
- Formative/summative evaluation of your KxM activities
- Complete the UBC Knowledge Exchange Unit’s eight-week KxM training course* (February-March 2023) *all or select courses, depending on level of KxM knowledge and experience
- Complete an intensive workshop on teaching KxM conducted by the Centre for Teaching and Learning (May, 2023)
Successful applicants will be given an honorarium of $10k per year (2 years renewable). The KxM Scholar will be allocated an additional $2k per year in research funding, to evaluate their KxM scholar activities.
The 2023 competition is now CLOSED. Recipients will be announced in early 2023!